Sunday, June 19, 2011

359. Avatar (2009)

Photobucket

-I see you.
-I see you.


The further I am removed from seeing this movie in the theater the more I see its many faults. It is not the movie I want to rewatch to the extent I thought I would. It is most definitely "Dances with Wolves" in outer space. The simple message of environmentalism was applied with a sledghammer. Still, this movie is a perfect example of what you want to experience at the theater. Sure, it'll never be a film class subject, but the the movie does something that other movies only dream about. It transports the viewer to another world. It is probably the best looking and best sounding movie ever made, and sometimes a super simple story that lets its technology do the work is a really, really good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment