Sunday, June 12, 2011

352. Observe and Report (2009)

Photobucket

Let me ask you something - how much did they get paid to storm Normandy, how much did King Arthur get paid to kill Merlin, how much did they get paid to invent Television? Nothing. They did it because they knew it was right.


A couple of years ago, I was finishing up my Masters in education. I never like to say anything negative about my alma mater, but I can only say that the science education department at ECU is lacking in MANY respects. My biggest problem was a professor who gave me an incomplete and a C after a semester of no grades or feedback in her two online classes. I turned in all assignments on time, simply received no feedback. She gave me an incomplete because she didn't grade my papers and a C because she didn't like me for some reason (probably because she could tell I was too smart to push around). Nonetheless, after much hard work (and help from friends at ECU and education administration) I graduated with my degree. Still, I felt more ill will for this professor than I have ever felt in my life. I pride myself in being a relatively loving and nonviolent person, and it really troubled me to have the thoughts I was having.

That being said, this movie served as amazing therapy during this hard time in my life. I'd classify it as a guilty pleasure dark comedy. Seth Rogen portrays a bipolar mall cop with delusions of grandeur. Do you really need to know anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment