Friday, June 17, 2011

357. Capitalism: A Love Story (2009)

Photobucket

Is this the United States Congress, or the board of directors of Goldman Sachs?

"If you're not a Democrat by the time you are twenty, then you have no heart. If you're not a Republican by the time you are thirty, then you have no head." I have heard this quote many times before, and I guess I have about 9 days to prove my cephalization, though my hopes aren't high. I just see the "right-wing" mindset of one completely based in greed. I understand the argument that capitilism is what made this country great, but one could also say that slavery made assisted in this country's rise to power in the same way. Just as we realized the error of our ways with abolition, I believe that we are well overdue for a change in our ideas about personal property, incorporation, and doing what's right for the common good instead of a single person. We were pretty close over the past 5 years or so, but when the bubble of the "credit era" truly bursts, the only option will be revolution.

Wow that was quite a rambling take on a movie. I guess that's what you get after driving with Abby and Angie for 6.5 hours in Friday afternoon traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment