Sunday, June 12, 2011

351. Battle in Seattle (2008)

Photobucket

I don't blame you. I mean, I do, but... $#*@, you're not the problem. You're just doing your job, i guess. The people I'm really trying to fight are the ones who destroy so much, and they hurt so many lives. Not just one. Literally, millions. And no one ever points a gun at them. You know, they just seem so, unaccountable. Untouchable. Just seems kind of @*#$ed that you're... You and me are the ones that have to fight each other.


Yet another underseen movie. It pains me so much that "Grown Ups" sells out theaters, the Twilight movies have people lining up, and movies like this get ignored. I know you may not always agree with critics, but if we all stop seeing bad movies, they won't make them any more, and more money and time can be devoted to quality films.

This movie is pretty much a dramatization of the outstanding documentary "This is What Democracy Looks Like". Regardless of your opinions about the World Trade Organization, I think we should all be able to agree that the freedom to assemble is one of the most important rights we have. In 1999, protesters in Seattle learned that this right could be easily removed if you stood in the way of rich people and their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment