Saturday, February 25, 2017

Countdown to Oscar Night: Best Cinematography

 photo lion_still_6_zpseucgzm5n.jpg

Best Cinematography:
Arrival
La La Land
Lion
Moonlight
Silence

Yet another category that I think will fold to the La La Land tsunami tomorrow night. Another movie wouldn't surprise me as much in this category, but the second most buzzworthy movie, Moonlight, has the type of muted beautiful camerawork that usually doesn't get much love from the Academy. As you can see below, even a musical nerd like myself has to concede that this was a stellar year for gorgeous film making (and what I have seen of Silence is breathtaking as well).

My Ballot:
Arrival
Lion
La La Land
Moonlight

My Pick to Win:
La La Land

Shamefully Snubbed:
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

No comments:

Post a Comment