Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Best of '16: Sing Street

 photo thumbnail_23889_zpstt4vbpj9.jpg

I think she's an amazing human being, never seen anyone like her. The way she talks and looks. She wears this sunglasses, and when she takes'em off, her eyes... are like the clouds clearing to let pass the moon...... Sometimes I just wanna cry looking at her.

An awkward Irish teenager sees an older "bad" girl, falls in love at first sight, so decides to recruit his classmates to start a band to impress her and win her heart. These are the types of movies that are made for people like me. I'm not a huge fan of the 80s music or aesthetic, but the soul of the film remains timeless. True, unabashed love can be victorious no matter what the odds. I really wish this little gem had received more attention on the awards circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment