For the first time since 2006, I feel I have seen enough movies to honestly present a top ten list for 2010. Let me preface this by saying I really want to see 127 Hours, The Rabbit Hole, Get Low, Waiting for Superman, Machete, and Waste Land. Those films probably have the potential to bump one or two of these films off.
10. How to Train Your Dragon - Almost up to Pixar standards... almost
9. True Grit - The Coens are the most consistently awesome moviemakers in history
8. Restrepo - You want to know what it's like in Afgahnistan... watch this
7. Greenberg - Super awkward, quirky, uncomfortable love story... sorta
6. The Kids are All Right - Julianne Moore is a national treasure.. Annette Bening is so lucky
5. The Social Network - Darn near perfect movie that pretty much will forever define an entire generation... for better or worse
4. Mother and Child - Annette Bening makes the list again, but Samuel L. Jackson and Naomi Watts steal this show in the second best movie from 2010 that you haven't seen
3. The Fighter - Best Boxing Movie ever (take that Clint and Sly). On the short list for best sports movie ever.
2. Lovely, Still - super sappy love story between two people at the end of their time here on Earth and the best movie from 2010 that you haven't seen
1. Toy Story 3 - best animated movie of all time... In a pretty weak year for movies in my opinion nothing comes close.