Wednesday, January 19, 2011

209. Titan A.E. (2000)

Photobucket

-Hey, for your information, I happen to be humanity's last great hope.
-I weep for the species.


Okay, I must admit this one is for me. Not that every movie on this list isn't, but I honestly love this movie irrationally. I don't go around suggesting that people watch it because I don't want to here that they didn't like it (which, strangely enough I can actually understand). This a movie about the last humans fighting for survival after the destruction of Earth. It is directed by Don Bluth and Gary Goldman (Anastasia, An American Tail, The Land Before Time). It featured awesome CG effects mixed with hand-drawn animation. It had a screenplay cowritten by Joss "Buffy & Firefly" Whedon. And, to top it all off, one of the sidekick aliens was voiced by Tone Loc (of Funky Cold Medina fame). I think a bunch of producers must have gotten together and tried to figure out what Will Tyer would want to see on the big screen as he was trying to hold onto his last days of teenagehood.

No comments:

Post a Comment