Saturday, January 29, 2011

219. Enemy at the Gates (2001)

Photobucket

I saw you. You were reading and you fell asleep. Oh, I didn't dare look at you, you were so beautiful. It was scary. Afterwards, I couldn't stop thinking about you. It made me smile. And then I thought of all the men who would get to hold you, who would make you laugh... how lucky they were. And now I'm the one lying next to you.

There are probably more movies about World War II than any other war, but only a handful of those movies cover the brutal battle on the eastern front between German forces and Russians defending their homeland. This movie adds the element of sniper warfare and a beautiful love story. Jude Law and Rachel Weisz do an amazing job at making me believe in the Russian story told with English-speaking actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment