Wednesday, January 5, 2011

195. The Green Mile (1999)

Photobucket

-What did you just do to me?
-I helped it. Didn't I help it? I just took it back, is all. Awful tired now, boss. Dog tired.


When I wrote my blog entry for "The Shawshank Redemption", I noted that it is probably the consensus choice for best movie of all time among average Americans. I contend that not only is it not the best movie of all time, it is not even the best movie directed by Frank Darabont. Heck, it's not even the best movie of all time about a prison directed by Frank Darabont. That, my friends, would be "The Green Mile". This is another movie that I am astounded doesn't get more attention only a little more than ten years after its release. It stars America's favorite actor (Tom Hanks), tells an extremely moving story, and is never boring despite its lengthy runtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment