Saturday, December 11, 2010

170. The Newton Boys (1998)

Photobucket

This is a hell of a way to make a livin' ain't it?

Ethan Hawke teams up with an amazing cast (Matthew McConaughey, Skeet Ulrich, Vincent D'Onofrio, and Dwight Yoakam) to make a movie directed by Richard Linklater about robbing banks in the 1920's. Just to be clear: My favorite actor teams with my favorite director to make a movie about my favorite movie subject. It is just as awesome as it sounds. This movie is so much fun it should come with a warning. Even the credits contain a Johnny Carson interview with the real Willis Newton. In my opinion, this movie, without question, is the most underrated movie of all time.

This movie also came out around the time it became apparent that it would be necessary to develop an internet "handle". Being fresh on my mind, I chose "newtonboy". On the very rare chance that it is taken, I am "newtonboi", but most of the time if you see newtonboy on the internets it is me...

3 comments:

  1. You are so cool man! I love what you're doing, you have such great taste in movies! How do you keep track of all the movies you've seen? I have a database on my computer! I spend all my time watching movies and I always come up here when I'm out of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should have a star wars trivia battle! I bet I could beat you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh, you couldn't come close to me in a Star Wars trivia battle.

    ReplyDelete