Thursday, January 28, 2016

Best of '15: The Big Short

 photo BigShortBale_zpsqqtrsrww.jpg

For fifteen thousand years, fraud and short sighted thinking have never, ever worked. Not once. Eventually you get caught, things go south. When the hell did we forget all that? I thought we were better than this, I really did.

As of this writing, I have seen 6 of the 8 Academy Award nominated best picture films (I still gotta get to Greenville to see Spotlight and Room). Of those six, The Big Short is my favorite. This movie is funny, witty, and entertaining, but most of all, it is timely. It serves as a warning of what to avoid in the future so that we can dodge another crisis like 2008. Sadly, it probably won't win Best Picture, and, even worse, its lessons will go unheeded, because, you know, the Man....

No comments:

Post a Comment