Tuesday, August 24, 2010

61. American Graffiti (1973)

Photobucket

You're the most beautiful, exciting thing I've ever seen in my life and I don't know anything about you.

Woah.... Here is my first piece of movie blog strange coincidence. On the night before the first day of school, the blog movie is about the night before two buddies are leaving to go away to school. Freaky...

Four teenagers bridging the gap between teenage high school years and adult responsibility have one last night of cruising, drinking, flirting, and racing. Awesome cameos by Harrison Ford (who was pretty much already Han Solo in this movie) and Suzanne Somers (credited as "Blonde in T-Bird") put this movie shoulders above other '70s "Fifties flasback" movies (I'm looking at you "Grease"!). This movie is also Exhibit B in the case to prove George Lucas is not just a hack who feeds on fanboy's souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment