Saturday, August 7, 2010

43. North by Northwest (1959)

Photobucket

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.

I completely admit to not having seen enough Hitchcock movies. I've only seen three: Rear Window, Vertigo, and North by Northwest. I thought James Stewart was not a good fit in his movies. Something just didn't feel right in either of them. On the other hand, Cary Grant played the perfect bumbling reluctant hero in "North by Northwest". After being underwhelmed by Hitchcock, this movie knocked my socks. If anyone has any suggestions for my next movie by Hitch, please feel free to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment