Tuesday, September 15, 2020

The Year in Movies: 1944


 

1944


Number of Movies I've Seen: 3

Number of Movies from my original top 365:  All 3!

Oscar Winner:
Going My Way - I've never really been a huge Bing Crosby fan so I didn't really "go out of my way" to track down this movie (get it....). I'll catch it next time it airs on TCM, I promise.

Box Office Winner:
Going My Way - see above

My Top Ten:
1. NEXT POST!

2. Arsenic and Old Lace - (Pictured above) Cary Grant in probably his best comedic role ever. It has been far too long since I've seen this one. Here's my quick take from 2010.

3. Double Indemnity - For my 1934 post I had real trouble finding a favorite. The reason I've only watched three movies from this year is because I would have been fine with any of them being my favorite of the year. I have shuffled these three movies 10 times over the past week and there is no reason this is third other than one of the three simply has to be. This movie is darn near perfect and an excellent thriller that few have matched since. Here's a little rant about it in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment