Monday, September 21, 2020

Best of the Year: 1964 - My Fair Lady



 I think it was Ms. Layman. Somewhere around the 4th or 5th grade, in general music class at Grifton school we spent what felt like two weeks watching this movie. It was lost on me at the time, but little did I know how much this movie would entwine itself in my life. It was my high school girlfriend's favorite musical and I have grown to love it more with every viewing. I got a chance to see an ECU production of it a decade ago, and it may have been the most fun I've ever had at a theatre outside of New York. I usually don't like dubbing, but Audrey Hepburn's acting and Marni Nixon's singing voice blend perfectly together. I do admit that I would love to have seen the Julie Andrews version, but this will do for now.

Here's my original blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment