Thursday, May 26, 2011

333. Lars and the Real Girl (2007)

Photobucket

None of this is easy - for any of us - but we do it... Oh! We do it for you! So don't you dare tell me how we don't care.

JC Chasez, Keri Russell, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and Ryan Gosling were all members of the "All New" Mickey Mouse Club in 1989. I realize most of those young people have gone onto fame and fortune, but one's talent outshines all of the rest in my opinion. In movies like "Full Nelson", "Blue Valentine", and this Ryan Gosling has cemented himself as one of the best actors of the new millenium. I freely admit that I expected this movie to be a screwball comedy in the style of the Farrelly brothers. Boy, was I shocked. The acting of Gosling and the screenplay from Nancy Oliver actually pulls off a whimsical romance/drama about a young man and his internet-ordered love doll. I am still shocked by the magic that this film attains...

No comments:

Post a Comment