Thursday, May 5, 2011

312. Stranger than Fiction (2006)

Photobucket

-Listen, I'm a big supporter of fixing potholes and erecting swing sets and building shelters. I am *more* than happy to pay those taxes. I'm just not such a big fan of the percentage that the government uses for national defense, corporate bailouts, and campaign discretionary funds. So, I didn't pay those taxes. I think I sent a letter to that effect with my return.
-Would it be the letter that beings "Dear Imperialist Swine"?


One of the smartest ideas for a movie ever. A writer (Emma Thompson) is struggling with how to kill off the protaganist in her long overdue novel when she learns her character is actually real. The character (Will Ferrel in his best film ever) also happens to hear the writer's voice narrating his life. Existential hilarity, romance, and heartbreak ensue as the poor man's life is affected by his new found "gift" and the discovery of his impending doom. Maggie Gyllenhaal, Queen Latifah, and Dustin Hoffman perfectly round out the cast to make this film a satisfying sci-fi film for those that enjoy truly good romantic comedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment