Thursday, May 5, 2011

313. Southland Tales (2006)

Photobucket

Revelation 21: And God wiped away the tears from his eyes, so the new Messiah could see out to the new Jerusalem. His name was Officer Roland Taverner, of Hermosa Beach, California. My best friend. He is a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide.

Let me begin by saying, I am not suggesting that you see this movie. You probably won't like this movie even if you do watch it. I'm not really even sure what it's really about. Still, I get a freakin' kick out of this movie! This is what happens when you give a young director lots of money because his first movie (Donnie Darko) quickly became a cult classic. It is a raw jumble of ideas, actors, and alternate universe that makes for an excellent philosophical look at our world today through bizarro scar-faced Justin Timberlake glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment