Wednesday, April 27, 2011

304. The Nativity Story (2006)

Photobucket

He is for all mankind.

I've said it for quite a while now, but I have a screenplay in me somewhere. If and when it ever gets down on the written page, its inspiration will be clear. There is no doubt in my eyes that the birth, life, and death of Jesus Christ is the greatest thing that has ever happened to humanity. In my experience, this is the only film that has captured any aspect of his life with appropriate respect and power all the while helping to deliver Christ's message of hope and love. Keisha Castle-Hughes is absolutely perfect as the virgin Mary and I won't hold it against the director that she gave up on making good films after this one to make a certain blood-sucking piece of Mormon propaganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment