Sunday, April 17, 2011

295. Me and You and Everyone We Know (2005)

Photobucket

I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it.

This movie is about innocence. The innocence of children, the innocence of first love, and the innocence of the discovery of sexuality. That last one may be a little off-putting for some, but this movie chooses to deal with all of those topics as equals instead of viewing one of the three with disdain. We often shine sexuality in a negative light, especially when dealing with young people, but that really does them a disservice. The idea of "sex=bad" is just as unhealthy of a view as "sex=okay", if not more. With this as its base, the film explores relationships between adults, between young people, and between young people and adults. Still, the movie is not about pedophilia and certainly doesn't glorify or make excuse for such actions. It is simply an homage to the beauty of innocence. If you have an open mind, and a loving heart, you should probably check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment