Monday, March 28, 2011

275. Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Photobucket

-Not to #*$( on anyone's riff here, but let me just see if I grasp this concept, ok? You're suggesting that we take some $(#&ing parking shuttles, and reinforce them with some aluminum siding, and then just head on over to the gun store and watch our good friend Andy play some cowboy movie jump-on-the-covered-wagon bull$*#(. Then, we're gonna drive across a ruined city, through a welcome committee of a few hundred thousand dead cannibals, all so that we can sail off into the sunset on this #*@(ing #*$((#*'s boat? And head for some island that for all we know doesn't even exist?
-Yeah.
-Pretty much, yeah.
-Yeah.
-Okay... I'm in.


So, you don't really like horror movies? Yeah, me neither... With that said, I do have quite an affinity for zombie movies, and I have this challenge to my horror-challenged brethren. Watch the first 10 minutes of this movie (at least until Johnny Cash's opening credits song). If you don't dig it, then I understand. No problem, but there is probably a segment of the population who's eyes will be opened to a whole wonderful Romero-world because of this amazing opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment