Saturday, February 26, 2011

246. Attack of the Clones (2002)

Photobucket

Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say, that we are encouraged to love.

I know, I know, this is probably the most hated of the prequels, but I love it! Most criticism stems from the annoying performance of Hayden Christensen, and I get that. Still, I find the whiny emo kid a perfect base to build a monster who's power comes from his complete and utter hatred of everything (including himself). I absolutely love Natalie Portman's Padme. She is fragile and beautiful and, at the same time, tough and powerful. The best draw of this film, though, is the fanboy joy that burst in my heart at seeing tons of Jedi with lightsabers drawn kicking butt. When Yoda drops his cane and proceeds to unfurl a green fireball of fury, I still turn into a 10-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment