Monday, February 21, 2011

239. Punch-Drunk Love (2002)

Photobucket

Lena. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I left you at the hospital. I called a phone-sex line... I called a phone-sex line before I met you, and four blond brothers came after me and they hurt you, and I'm sorry. Then I had to leave again because I wanted to make sure you never got hurt again. And I have a lot of puddings, and in six to eight weeks it can be redeemed. So if you could just give me that much time, I think I can get enough mileage to go with you wherever you go if you have to travel for your work. Because I don't ever want to be anywhere without you. So could you just let me redeem the mileage?

One of the oddest, quirkiest romances of all time. It also just so happens to be my favorite Adam Sandler movie. Note to Sandler fans: You will probably not like this movie! I honestly don't know many other people who do like this movie, but, once again, that's why this is my blog. The extreme, sometimes painful, honesty that Sandler's Barry exudes during this film make it feel very real. Jon Brion's score has a hauntingly beautiful quality that is very rarely heard in movies that adds to the uncomfortable level of tension as the viewer isn't sure whether to laugh, gasp, or cry throughout the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment