Thursday, February 3, 2011

224. The Man Who Wasn't There (2001)

Photobucket

I don't know where I'm being taken. I don't know what I'll find, beyond the earth and sky. But I'm not afraid to go. Maybe the things I don't understand will be clearer there, like when a fog blows away. Maybe Doris will be there. And maybe there I can tell her all those things they don't have words for here.

I've said it before on this blog, and it will surely come up again, but the Coen brothers simply make flawless movies. That being said, this is my favorite. It is absolute proof that you don't need drastic special effects or even the luxury of color to make an absolutely beautiful movie. This movie is criminally underseen, so I won't waste your time any more... go see it, if for nothing else then for the UFO-inspired lighting that is persistent throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment