Sunday, February 24, 2013

Countdown to Oscar Night: Best Picture

Photobucket

Nominees:
Amour
Argo
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Les Miserables
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty

I'll have more to say about most of these when I make my top ten list for 2012 sometime over the next week or so.  As for now, I'll just say, for me, none of these come close to the greatness of "Beasts of the Southern Wild".  Argo will most likely win, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see a last second upset from Lincoln or even Silver Linings Playbook.

My Ballot:
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Argo
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Les Miserables
Django Unchained
Life of Pi
Zero Dark Thirty

My Pick to Win:
Argo

Shoulda Been Here:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

1 comment:

  1. Argo is a helluva film, but there is little focus on character beyond the surface.

    Lincoln was a well acted methodically boring movie about law-making, regardless of the particular law being passed, it was procedural.

    Django Unchained was a heckuva fun spaghetti revenge flick without much of a message beyond slavery is wrong.

    Beasts was a neat experiment in independent film making that needed more script and character interaction.

    Zero Dark Thirty was a series of scenes that don't quite come together to tell the tale.

    Silver Lining's Playbook was the movie in this bunch with more heart and smarter smarts and quality at every level--and it wasn't a musical. :)

    I pick it to win.

    ReplyDelete