Sunday, October 31, 2010

129. Dazed and Confused (1993)

Photobucket

Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L - I - V - I - N.


Every once in a great while a movie comes along that defies categorization and pulls off a timeless rewatchability that is astounding. With this movie Richard Linklater takes his "conversational" formula from "Slacker" and adds a storyline and some of the most promising young actors and actresses he can find (breakthough roles for Matthew McConaughey, Ben Affleck, Parker Posey, Milla Jovovich, Joey Lauren Adams, Jason London, Cole Hauser, Adam Goldberg, and Anthony Rapp). Throw in an awesome classic rock soundtrack, high school subjects that everyone can relate to, and some of the coolest one liners ever delivered by McConaughey's Wooderson (who just might happen to be one of the greatest fictional characters of all time!). Other than the one above here are some other classics:

-Hey, man you got a joint?
-No, not on me...
-It'd be a whole lot cooler if you did.

-That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

-I love them redheads!

-Alright, alright, alright...

No comments:

Post a Comment