Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Best of the Year: 2006 - Bobby

 

Quite possibly the most critically panned of my "favorites", but it's my list. I think my love for this movie has more to do with my love for progressive idealist American democracy than Emilio Estevez's filmmaking talent. The Kennedy brothers attempted to bring decent anti-corporate populism to the people of our country and were killed for it. My post from ten years ago.

" This is a time of shame and sorrow. It is not a day for politics. I have saved this one opportunity to speak briefly to you about this mindless menace of violence in America which again stains our land and every one of our lives. ... Why? What has violence ever accomplished? What has it ever created? No martyr's cause has ever been stilled by his assassin's bullet. No wrongs have ever been righted by riots and civil disorders. A sniper is only a coward, not a hero, and an uncontrolled, uncontrollable mob is only the voice of madness, not the voice of the people." - Robert F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment