Monday, December 28, 2020

The Year in Movies: 1966



  1966


Number of Movies I've Seen: 5

Number of Movies from my original top 365:  0

Oscar Winner:
A Man for All Seasons - Definitely going to catch this the next time it swings through TCM.

Box Office Winner:
The Bible: In the Beginning - .A film adaptation of the first 22 chapters of the book of Genesis... Pretty sure I'm good skipping this one.

My Top Ten:
1. NEXT POST!

2. Persona - My first Ingmar Bergman. I am torn between "I need to see MORE!" and "I guess Bergman just isn't for me."

3. Batman - Say what you will, but this was the first comic book feature film that acted like a real movie (previous big-screen superheroes took the form of multi-part serials). As much as I love "silly" Batman, Adam West and company definitely lumped all things comic book into their immature category for nearly a half century.

4. The Fantastic Voyage - Super campy sci-fi adventure inside the human body. Fun, sure, but Osmosis Jones would do it so much better 30 years later!

5. The Endless Summer - Surfing. Narration. More surfing. Quite relaxing...

No comments:

Post a Comment