Monday, December 21, 2020

The Year in Movies: 1946



 1946


Number of Movies I've Seen: 5

Number of Movies from my original top 365:  4!

Oscar Winner:
The Best Years of Our Lives - Whew... this year is full of bangers! I should probably watch more! It was actually pretty difficult ranking my top 3. All of them are worthy being crowned "best of the year". The only reason this one ranks a bit behind the other two is the lack of a real personal connection for me. I fully believe if I was born a generation or two earlier, this would be my favorite of the year.

Box Office Winner:
The Best Years of Our Lives 

My Top Ten:
1. NEXT POST!

2. The Big Sleep - It's hard to explain how much I love this movie. Nearly as hard as it is to explain the plot of this movie. Quite possibly the coolest movie ever made.

3. The Best Years of Our Lives 

4. A Night in Casablanca - The Marx Brothers last "Marx Brothers" film. It's a very loose spoof of Casablanca. One of the brother's weaker films, but that still makes it side-splittingly funny!

5. Duel in the Sun - Racist garbage that I always get confused with A Place in the Sun which is actually a good movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment