Friday, November 6, 2020

Best of the Year: 1975 - A Boy and His Dog



 In the far-flung future of 2024, Don Johnson (the boy) and his telepathic dog Blood navigate a nuclear wasteland, get abducted to be used as sex slaves for an underground bourgeoisie, and observe a mind-bending trippy view of the future that could only be dreamed up by one such as Harlan Ellison. You probably shouldn't watch this movie.... Somehow my dad recommended it to me and I was awestruck. I'm pretty sure he must have misremembered much about it's content. 

You may ask, "Will, how can this be your favorite movie of the year in a year that gave us One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Jaws, and Monty Python?" My answer: the ending of this movie made my jaw drop farther than anything in those movies.

...you still probably shouldn't watch it though...

No comments:

Post a Comment