Monday, March 1, 2021

The Year in Movies: 1947



  1947


Number of Movies I've Seen: 3

Number of Movies from my original top 365:  0

Oscar Winner:
Gentleman's Agreement - (PICTURED ABOVE) meh... It's anti-anti-Semitism! Let's give it an Oscar! Not even Gregory Peck's chiseled jaw could lift this one out of obscurity.  

Box Office Winner:
Welcome Stranger - man did people love some Bing Crosby in the 1940s. He's alright I reckon. His movies have just aged like milk though, and I have very little desire to seek this one out.

My Top Ten:
1. NEXT POST

2. Black Narcissus - This movie is beautiful, but I just felt like I was missing something. I definitely need to watch more from 1947, and I look forward to them if they are this pretty or as cool as my #1 pick!

3. Gentleman's Agreement 

No comments:

Post a Comment