Sunday, June 28, 2020

The Year in Movies: 1932




























1932

Number of Movies I've Seen: 3
Ugh... not a good start. This is why I have over 300 movies on my Letterboxd watch list.

Number of Movies from my original top 365:  2

Oscar Winner:
Grand Hotel - pictured above. This movie is what happens when you take nearly every big name star in Hollywood and make a 2 hour soap opera that really doesn't have much of a cohesive plot to bring all of the together other than their titular location. For good or bad (actually a bit of both), this movie is what I see when I close my eyes and think of "Old Hollywood".

Box Office Winner:
The Kid from Spain - I haven't seen this one. As a matter of fact, I've never seen an Eddie Cantor movie. I'll definitely keep an eye on TCM to remedy that.

My Top Ten:
1. NEXT POST!

2. Horse Feathers - To be completely honest the only reason this isn't in the top slot is because I didn't want to give the Marx brothers the entire decade. You'll certainly see more of them on this blog as I believe their films to be the absolute peak of comedic cinema. Read my original blog post here.

3. Grand Hotel - This movie is solid. It is one of the better "Best Picture" winners of the Oscar's first decade or so and worth the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment