Sunday, January 12, 2020

My Oscar Ballot

Tomorrow is the day!!!  My Anatomy class will be watching along with me at 8:30am to see the nominations. I was planning to get a couple more movies in this weekend, but I ended up playing games with my family and friends instead. I'll get to them, but until then here are my personal nominations (note - I limited my picks this year to the Academy's shortlist where provided which is why I couldn't pick my favorite song of the year: "The Next Right Thing" from Frozen 2):

Best Picture: Marriage Story
Best Actor: Adam Driver, Marriage Story
Best Actress: Lupita Nyongo, Us
Best Supporting Actor: Jonathan Majors, The Last Black Man in San Francisco
Best Supporting Actress: Laura Dern, Marriage Story
Best Animated Feature: Frozen 2
Best Cinematography: 1917
Best Costume Design: Little Women
Best Director: Noah Baumbach, Marriage Story
Best Documentary Feature: For Sama
Best Film Editing: Uncut Gems
Best Foreign Language Film: Parasite
Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Jojo Rabbit
Best Original Score: Us
Best Original Song: "Stand Up", Harriet
Best Production Design: Jojo Rabbit
Best Sound Editing: 1917
Best Sound Mixing: The Last Black Man in San Francisco
Best Visual Effects: 1917
Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit
Best Original Screenplay: Marriage Story
Best Animated Short: Hair Love

No comments:

Post a Comment